Tender Pork Rind-on Loin – crackling joint recipe
9th December, 2014
Tender Pork Rind-on Loin – a crackling joint with apple & cider gravy and a sweet Christmas stuffing.
- Defrost the frozen loin joint for 12 hours in a fridge.
- Remove the packaging and drain off any excess liquids
- Place onto a flat oven tray and lightly salt over the top of the fat, where scored.
- Place into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius to cook for 20 minutes, then drop the temperature down to 160 degrees Celsius for a further 1 hour, or until the core temperature reaches 74 degrees Celsius in the thickest part.
- Once cooked turn up the oven to 220 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes to crisp the crackling to perfection.
- Remove the loin joint from the oven and leave to rest for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut each slice following the pre-scored lines and serve 2 slices per portion.
- (This will ensure everyone gets crackling with their portion, so no more fighting over the crackling!)
- Serve the loin joint with an apple cider gravy and chestnut and prune stuffing.
The beauty of this joint is that it performs to the same great flavour and standard every time so is ideal for carveries.
This entry was posted in Pork, Recipes. Bookmark the permalink.