- 5 soft potato or brioche buns.
- 5 Beef and Bone Marrow Burgers
- 300g provolone cheese
- 100g yellow mustard.
- 150g pepper & almond salsa (see below)
For the blackened pepper and almond salsa:
- 4 – 5 large peppers burnt on the grill (skin not removed)
- 4 red chillies burnt on the grill (skin not removed)
- 2 grilled tomatoes
- 2 tsp raz el hanout
- 4 tbsp korean red pepper powder
- 3 preserved lemons
- 6 garlic cloves
- Juice of 4 limes
Blitz in a blender and add salt to taste.
Loosely ball up the burger patty so it isn’t flat and hand press it into your flat plate grill. Season with salt.
Cook for one side until crispy then flip and crisp up the other side. Move to a warm oven or indirect heat at 120°C for 5 mins.
Slice the cheese to ½ inch thick and cut into a rough circle slightly smaller than the burger. Grill on the same hot plate as the burger until soft.
Spread the mustard on the top bun and the salsa on the base bun. Add the burger and cheese, eat immediately.