Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 Danish Crown baby back ribs, halved
For the BBQ rub:
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp sea salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 2tsp paprika
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 2tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 270F.
- In a bowl, add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, oregano and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- On a chopping board, rub the seasoning into the ribs, ensuring every side is covered.
- Transfer the seasoned ribs to a baking tray lined with foil, flesh-side up.
- Wrap the ribs up with the foil and bake for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, increase the oven temperature to 500F and remove the ribs from the oven.
- Uncover the ribs and using a basting brush, spread the BBQ sauce evenly over the top of the ribs.
- Return the ribs to the oven, uncovered and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and transfer to a chopping board. Cut between the bones to divide the rack into individual ribs.
- Tuck in and enjoy with BBQ classics such as mac and cheese, coleslaw, fresh green salad, corn and baked potatoes!